Before I get to my Project Life pages today, I have a SUPER, exciting announcement! Stampin’ Up! is having a 15% off sale on stamps this week!!! This sale will only be going on this week, so it’s a perfect time to buy all those stamp sets on your wish list! Don’t miss out on this great offer. (See below for details.)
- Dates: October 19-23, 2015
- Host stamp sets, rotary stamps, and supply list stamp sets are not eligible for the 15 percent promotional discount on stamps.
- Bundles are not eligible for this promotional discount, but they will retain their current 15 percent Bundle & Save discount. The stamp set from the bundle may still be purchased ala carte with the 15 percent promotional discount.
- Stamps purchased using a 50 percent Stampin’ Rewards discount will not be available for this 15 percent promotional discount. Stamps purchased using Stampin’ Rewards discounts will still be 50 percent off retail value of the stamp set.
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- There is no limit to how many discounted stamp sets can be placed on an order.
- There is no minimum purchase required for this promotion.
- Order Deadlines:
- Phone: October 23, 2015 by 5:50 PM (PDT).
- Online: October 23, 2015 by 10:55 PM (PDT).
Remembering the Little Things:
I’m still working on my Maui book. A while a ago, I went through all my vacation photos, decided which ones I wanted to include in my book, and set up all the pages. With Project Life, it’s super easy to do this. Just look at the orientation of a group of photos that go together to make a story, select an appropriate Project Life template (or photo pocket page), and either drag in the photos (if you’re doing it digitally) or place the photos in the pocket page (if you’re doing it with physical photos.) I like to get all my photos laid out on the pages, then I go back and select pocket cards that go with the theme and colors of the photos. That way, everything’s in order and it makes it real easy to go back and finish up each page.
Today, I have three new pages to share. They’re all fun little moments that I really didn’t want to spend a lot of time documenting. I was more in the mood to just them done and move on. I’m sure you understand. All the Project Life Card Collections that I used are available to purchase at my Stampin’ Up! Online Store (as well as the Photo Pocket Pages and everything else you might need to create a Project Life memory album.) The digital versions, as well as the photo overlays are available at Becky Higgins Online Store.
For the page above, I used pocket cards from the Happy Times Card Collection, as well as a Just Add Color Photo Overlay. This page really didn’t need much more than that. I simply added a title using a font that was similar to the pocket card (Chalk Hand Lettering) and some journaling using Becky Script font, which I also purchased at Becky Higgins Online Store.
For my next page, I used the Moments Like These Card Collection. Now here I cheated a little, because since I used the digital version, I was able to recolor the top two cards to match my photos. They were both originally Watercolor Wonder and I recolored the top one to Garden Green and the middle one to Marina Mist. (I do love using the digital version of all these pocket cards!) Also, I again used several Just Add Color Photo Overlays. Afterwards, the only thing I had left to do was add a title. Sweet!
My last memory page features the Natural Cards Collection. This one is only available digitally at Becky Higgins Digital Store here. I love the subtle, natural colors of these cards, and thought they went with my photos really well. I tend to like subtle cards that don’t detract from the colors of the photos. I can’t help it, it’s just my taste. Also, for this page, I not only added some Just Add Color Photo Overlays, I beefed up the pocket cards as well by adding some punches and stamp brushes. The “A Tasty Treat” stamp came from Very Merry Twenty-Five Designer Tags and the “Yum Yum” came from Cool Like That Giftable Templates, both of which are old Stampin’ Up! Digital Downloads that are no longer available to purchase.
Supplies used on my pages:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Memory pages are just that, moments to remember. They can include everyday little moments, as well as big ones. The beauty of Project Life is that it makes it easy to do it all!