Jar with Gel!

By | October 7, 2016

The Jar of Love stamp set is one of my favorites!  And what’s even better is that you can buy the coordinating Everyday Jar Framelits Dies to cut out a lot of the intricate pieces.  (They also come in a bundle for 10% off!)

These were some of the first items I purchased when the new annual catalog came out in June, and I realized that I really needed to go back and get more use out of them.  There are SO MANY things you can do with this stamp set!!!

I got the idea for this card particular card from Pinterest.  The jar is filled with a cello bag containing hair gel and re-inker.  I just love this idea … especially the see-though stems of the flowers.

dsc_8875-copy

Most of this card was fairly simple to create.  There were just a few tricks…

I used a 2″ x 8″ cello bag to hold the gel.  I simply added a few drops of Island Indigo re-inker and squeezed the bag to mix it up.  When I was satisfied, I used some Tear and Tape adhesive to seal off the bag and attach it to the card.

dsc_8876-copy

You’re going to laugh, but I didn’t even realize that the Everyday Jar Framelits Dies included a die cut for the inside of the jar!  I suggest cutting out the inside first and then the outside.

Another thing I really love about these framelits is the dual flower die.  I find it’s hard to line up smaller die cuts, especially when you have a well loved Big Shot like mine.  The smaller framelits don’t want to stay put, even with the Magnetic Plate.  But, Stampin’ Up! was brilliant when it designed these stamps and framelits, because they placed two of the flowers together, so you stamp and cut them out together, but you get two distinct flowers.  The larger die cut stays put, and it’s much easier to cut out lots of flowers!

dsc_8877-copy

I wanted to make a birthday card, so I used a sentiment from the Sprinkles of Life stamp set.  The cute little green stamps on both sides of the sentiment is part of the Jar of Love stamp set.  There are just loads of great stamps in this set.

I used another trick when I stamped the stems.  I wanted them to stop inside the jar, and they were a little too long, so I used a Post It to mask the bottom of the stems and shorten them up.

Lastly, the baker’s twine I used is from a new trio in the Holiday Catalog.

I really love the way this card turned out!!!!

dsc_8879-copy

Supplies used on my card:

Tami Hewlett

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *